Friday, January 21, 2011

WE aint no SAINT

Y do people have a  misconception of yoga teachers as being some kind of "saints" who only can preach and have high morals values etc.. cm on folks we too are human being just like you all.
We do love to party, enjoy movies, dance all night long... basically "freak out". Just because one takes yoga as a profession doesn't mean that one has given small pleasures of life .. we teachers love getting pampered too :).
We don't sit all day in a room meditating and doing asanas or preaching gyan .. Our life jumps back to normal once we step out of the class.
One funny instance i must mention here as an eg. I was out one night with friends as it was a girlie night, at a well known pub in the city. Spirits were high and we girls were having a blast dancing to the commercial music whether it was munni or Sheila . Knocked those heels off so we were more comfortable dancing for a longer time :) painting the place red leaving all are worries and stress aside. 
As i was enjoying thoroughly i cudnt help notice a group of youngsters staring at me on and off  with confusion. On our way out as it was past 1am one of the girls came up to me and asked " excuse me, are you the yoga instructor "bosky" who takes Power Yoga class at so and so place " . I with a big grin said YES I M . the look on her face was priceless more of a semi shock. Believe me for few secs it made me feel like gosh i am not suppose to be here , a guilt pang swept over me.But the phase lasted only for 2 to 3 Min's.
As i take numerous classes i definitely can t keep a track of the members who attend my batches so i was clueless that they were my students.But what the heck its better that way that we teachers don't recognize as whether we like it or not we get on our guard...
Coming back to the point that guys pls don't get surprised seeing as in a different avatar with our finery's as you all are only used to seeing us in our yoga clothes... ( we can wear sleeveless and short dresses).


Ending off as an instructor by saying i would love to see my members enjoy the yoga sessions with utmost passion and dedication. Believe Me your mind and body with be thankful to you . 
cheers gdnt.

p.s. For me, yoga is not just a workout - it's about working on yourself.  ~Mary Glover

No comments:

Post a Comment